Frequently Asked Questions
1.) What types of masonry do you perform?
- We install, rebuild, or repair just about everything associated with brick, stone, stucco, retaining wall blocks and CMU’s (aka Cinder Blocks). Additionally we restore, waterproof, and clean existing historic masonry structures.
2.) Do you install concrete?
- Residentially we do small pours on occasion such as garage floors, basement floors, and shed foundations. We frequently pour wall and staircase footings as part of the larger scope of the project requiring concrete work as the foundation. Commercially we pour city sidewalks specifically over privately owned vaults, such as the case in Boston, and patch/repair floor slabs.
3.) Can you work in the winter?
- Nearly all types of masonry can be done in the winter given proper preparation and protection. Popular winter projects include staircases, chimneys, interior foundation repair (brick/stone foundations), fireplaces, and rip rap stone walls.
4.) Do you perform any landscaping services?
- We are landscape construction experts only insofar as “hardscapes” are concerned. This includes wall, flatwork (walks, patios, driveways, etc), staircases, outdoor kitchens, and fire features, as well as French drains, and dry wells. Our network of pros includes several landscape companies and we would be happy to assist you with any landscape inquiries.
5.) What other services can you assist with in conjunction with masonry projects?
- Painters, welding/metal fabricators, fence installers, arborists, asphalt contractors, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, and roofers are included in our trusted network.
6.) What is your process?
- First we meet to discuss your unique needs. After meeting we produce a proposal based on different options and present it to you. If necessary, design plans are created. Once a decision has been reached by the owner a contract is signed and the work scheduled.
7.) What are the payment terms?
- Depending on the scope of the project anywhere from 15% to 33% of the total contract balance is required at contract signing. The remaining balance is then split into equal portions to be paid in progress installments at specific intervals throughout the project duration. Each payment is triggered by reaching certain pre-agreed upon benchmarks in the construction process.
8.) Do you take credit cards?
- Yes we take credit card payments through PayPal.
9.) Do you offer any specials?
- Combining several masonry projects results in a price reduction in overall cost versus the project in its component parts.
10.) Do you offer financing?
- We do not offer financing for projects. Payment is expected according to the contracted terms and is to be paid in full at the completion of the project.
11.) What does the “More” in Murray Masonry & More stand for?
- The More represents our determination to achieve excellence in whatever we do. It means something a little different to everyone. More is the intangible aspect that makes Murray Masonry special.
12.) Do you provide free estimates?
- We provide one free consultation and detailed estimate.
13.) Do you use sub-contractors?
- All masons are Murray Masonry employees and all in field work is conducted by one of our skilled masonry craftsmen while a dedicated office staff coordinates and oversees projects from start through successful completion.
14.) What are your warranty terms?
- We provide a 5 year restoration warranty, 10 year new or re-construction warranty, and a 20 year re-pointing warranty. Our warranty terms are spelled out in detail within our contract.
Based in Salem, MA Murray Masonry & More covers a wide geographic area serving over 60 Eastern Massachusetts cities, towns, and communities from Metro Boston through Metro North including the North Shore, Cape Ann and the Merrimack Valley. Below is a list of the communities in Massachusetts that we service.
Essex County Massachusetts Masonry Contractor
Amesbury, Andover, Beverly, Boxford, Danvers, Essex, Georgetown, Gloucester, Groveland, Hamilton, Haverhill, Ipswich, Lawrence, Lynn, Lynnfield, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Marblehead, Merrimac, Methuen, Middleton, Nahant, Newbury, Newburyport, North Andover, Peabody, Rowley, Salem, Salisbury, Saugus, Swampscott, Topsfield, Wenham, West Newbury
Middlesex County Massachusetts Masonry Contractor
Arlington, Ashland, Bedford, Belmont, Billerica, Burlington, Cambridge, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Concord, Dracut, , Everett, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Lowell, Malden, Medford, Melrose, North Reading, Reading, Somerville, Stoneham, Tewksbury, Wakefield, Westford, Weston, Wilmington, Winchester, Woburn